You are here: Online Railway Booking
Please follow the under noted process for booking of railway tickets.
- Logon to the IRCTC site: http://www.irctc.co.in/
- Register yourself on the site (if you are a first time user) or log on with Username and Password (meant for the IRCTC site).
- In the 'Plan My Travel and Book Ticket' option, provide the departure and arrival stations, date and class of the journey, which are required to book your ticket.
- Select your train from the list of trains displayed by IRCTC and click on 'Book Ticket'.
- Provide passenger details and confirm your address for getting the tickets delivered to you. The amount for the ticket will be displayed for payment.
- Select 'SBIAssociate Bank' as your payment option. You are redirected to a State Bank Group page.
- You can pay for your ticket using an account in any of following six associate banks such as State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Indore, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala and State Bank of Travancore.
- Select the bank with which you hold an account.
- Click Submit. You are displayed the Internet Banking Login page for your bank.
- Log in with Username and Password (provided for your bank accounts) and confirm the payment.
- If the transaction is successful, you are displayed a Transaction Id and the date of transaction.
- The ticket will be delivered by IRCTC at your place of choice (in case of I-ticket). In case of E-ticket, you will have to print ticket from your printer and no physical ticket will be dispatched. You can reprint E-ticket at any time.
- Apart from the charges levied by IRCTC, Service charges @ Rs. 10/- per transaction will be levied by the bank w.e.f. 15.05.2007.
- Delivery of ticket is the sole responsibility of IRCTC.
- For cancellation of ticket, submit your ticket at a computerized counter of Indian Railways (in case of I-ticket). In case of E-ticket, you can do online cancellation on the IRCTC site within the time frame specified by IRCTC.
- On cancellation of ticket, the amount will be credited back to your account (in case of both I-ticket as well as E-ticket). The amount credited would be the amount less cancellation charges as levied by IRCTC. State Bank Group does not levy any cancellation charges. However, the Service charges @ Rs. 10/- per transaction levied by the bank will not be refunded in case of cancellation done by the customer.
- While making payment for railway ticket if the connection is terminated after debiting your account and you are not sure whether the ticket was booked or not, in all such cases you can check it under Booking History section on the IRCTC site. In case if your account is debited but ticket is not booked, please do not panic, your account would be credited back with the amount within the next 3 working days.